Patch Day – 3.1.1 Going Live
Well another Tuesday after a major patch, and it wouldn’t be complete without a patch to fix the issues. The Blizzard GM Bornakk goes through all the changes here, there are quite a few I will try to highlight only the important ones:
- Katherine Lee should no longer be attackable in Dalaran, meanies.
- Shattering Throw will no longer consume an extra 25 rage.
- The heirloom item, Discerning Eye of the Beast, will now return mana at any level.
- The item Gauntlets of the Wretched can now be sold or disenchanted.
- The damage bonus of the Frozen Power talent should no longer affect boss creatures.
- The buff players receive from Tenacity in Wintergrasp is now stronger.
- Stoneclaw Totem should no longer put a shield on hostile targets.
Talents Refunded with 3.1.1
Good news is Eyonix announced that with this patch all talent points are being refunded. This means you get free respecs. However your glyphs are not resetting so be careful on which talent spec if you got the dual spec you are speccing your points into.
Ignis – Scorch now inflicts 3770 to 4230 damage. (Down from 4713 to 5287)
Ignis – Scorch now inflicts 6032 to 6768 damage. (Down from 7540 to 8460)
Thorim – Lightning Charge now inflicts 17344 to 20156 damage. (Up from 13875 to 16125)
Thorim – Chain Lightning now inflicts 4625 to 5375 damage. (Up from 3700 to 4300)
Ulduar Hard Modes
Flame Leviathan – Tower of Frost now increases health by 50%. (Up from 25%)
Flame Leviathan – Tower of Storms now increases health by 50%. (Up from 25%)
Flame Leviathan – Tower of Flames now increases health by 50%. (Up from 25%)
Thorim – Sif’s Frostbolt Volley now inflicts 11250 to 13750 damage. (Up from 9000 to 11000)
Thorim – Sif’s Frost Nova now inflicts 14138 to 15862 damage. (Up from 9425 to 10575)
XT-002 Deconstructor – Heartbreak now increases damage by 35% (Up from 30%) and health by 45% (Up from 40%)
Other Ulduar Changes:
- The Saronite Animus in the heroic General Vezax encounter has had its health increased.
- The Mimiron hard mode has received the following changes: increased damage from Flames, increased damage from Frost Bomb (in heroic), increased damage from Water Spray, and increased the health bonus he receives from Emergency Mode.
- General Vezax’s abilities, Mark of the Faceless and Shadow Crash, may hit players in melee range depending on the situation and player setup.
- Players should no longer be able to quench the Unquenchable Flames debuff from a Molten Colossus by using spells like Cloak of Shadows or Divine Protection. The Molten damage from when Iron Constructs turn molten has been reduced, the ground damage from Scorch has been reduced, and the total health of Ignis himself has been reduced.
- For Ignis the Furnace master, Strength of the Creator will now only affect physical damage and he will have to wait for a short time to charge after casting Flame Jets.
- All of the additional creatures spawned during the XT-002 Deconstructor encounter can now be snared in either difficulty.
- It will be slightly more difficult to skip Tympanic Tantrum on XT-002 Deconstructor.
- For the Hodir encounter, the damage from Champion of Hodir’s Freezing Breath has been reduced, the haste effect from Starlight has been decreased, and the timer for the hard mode has been decreased.
- For the Thorim encounter, the Runic Colossus should stop channeling Runic Smash once engaged in combat, the Dark Rune Champion should no longer whirlwind after being disarmed, and the Runic Colossus should no longer melee when it charges.
- The Iron Council encounter has received the following changes: the amount healed through Electric Charge has been increased, the timer to Berserk has been increased, the range of Overload has been decreased, the Lightning Elementals are no longer immune to nature damage, Stormcaller Brundir’s melee damage has been decreased (in normal mode), and increased Runemaster Molgeim’s damage.
- The Kologarn encounter has received the following changes: the speed of the Eyebeam has been decreased, the amount of damaged required to break a player from Stone Grip has been decreased, and slightly decreased the amount of damage done by Stone Grip.
- Some changes we have made to the trash mobs in the Antechamber (the area near Iron Council) are: the Devastating Leap from the Chamber Overseer is now a Stun Mechanic, Champer Overseers should no longer be immune to disarm, standing on the Flaming Rune should no longer proc Runic Explosion, Iron Menders should be immune to charm, Charged Dwarves should be immune to charm, the damage from Ball Lightning cast by Lightning Charged Iron Dwarves has been decreased in heroic difficulty, and the damage of Runed Flame Jets have been decreased.
- The Auriaya encounter has received the following changes: Sanctum Sentries should no longer spawn while Auriaya is in combat and lowered the damage of Savage Pounce.
- The Mimiron encounter has received the following changes: the damage of Proximity Mines has been decreased, Proximity Mines should no longer explode and damage players after they explode and disappear, the initial cooldown of Shock Blast in phase 4 has been altered so it shouldn’t be cast the same time as Laser Barrage in this phase, the casting time of Self Repair has been increased, and the health and damage of Assault Bots has been decreased in heroic mode.
- The time between Mole Machines spawning in the Razorscale encounter has been slightly increased.
Death Knight’s Anti-Magic Shell got the nerf bat swung at it:
Anti-Magic Shell now absorbs magical damage up to a maximum of 50% of the Death Knight’s health. (Down from 100%)
Death Strike will now heal the Death Knight for 5% of his or her maximum health per disease on the target, up to a maximum of 15%.
Demonology Warlocks will also be seeing a change:
Fel Synergy now give you a 50/100% chance to heal your pet for 15% (down from 50/30%) of the amount of spell damage done by you.
Arena Season 6 Starting Today?
According to a blue poster here, it looks like Arena Season 6 is about to begin.
Also as a refresher, Bornakk posted the following regarding Arena gear:
Now that Arena Season 6 is on the horizon, we wanted to share some details regarding upcoming changes to the arena rating system in Arena Season 6. With Arena Season 6, arena teams will start at 0 rating instead of 1500, which will allow teams to have more continuous progression throughout the arena season. In addition, we reevaluated item purchases and felt many of them were too difficult to obtain so we will be altering the rating requirements needed to purchase the latest arena items. For example, items with a rating requirement will now be obtainable starting at 1250 rating.
As with the current system, the matchmaking system will attempt to match teams against opponents who are closest to their average matchmaking rating. Starting with Arena Season 6, a team’s average matchmaking rating will be shown in the scoreboard at the end of each match so that you can see where your team stands compared to the opposing team you just faced. All arena teams that are below a 1500 arena rating will always earn arena points as a 1500 rated team. This will allow teams to continue to build up arena points while working on gaining the ratings needed to purchase items.
Please note that a more specific start date for Arena Season 6 will be provided as soon as it is determined.
Here is a list of some PvP items that will be available in Arena Season 6 and their expected rating requirements:
1250+: Deadly Relics/Idols/Librams/Totems
1300+: Deadly Gloves
1350+: Deadly Legs
1400+: Deadly Chest
1450+: Deadly Helm
1500+: Deadly Shoulders
1400+: Furious Bracer (honor)
1450+: Furious Belt (honor)
1500+: Furious Boots (honor)
1550+: Furious Neck (honor)
1600+: Furious Gloves
1650+: Furious Ring (honor)
1700+: Furious Legs
1750+: Furious Chest
1800+: Furious Trinket (honor)
1850+: Furious Weapon
1900+: Furious Helm
1950+: Furious Wands/Relics/etc
2000+: Furious Cloak (honor)
2050+: Furious Shoulders
2200+: 2nd Tier Furious Weapon
2300+: Furious Tabard
No Rating Required:
To answer some players’ questions:
- Only the current arena season’s weapons (furious) will be available. Deadly weapons will be removed when Arena Season 6 starts.
- The first tier furious weapons will be equivalent to heroic Ulduar weapons and the second tier furious weapons will match heroic hard mode Ulduar weapons.
Another thing to keep in mind is that until you start to get close to your team’s matchmaking rating, you will be gaining around 20 or more points in a win and zero or nearly zero in a loss. So players will make steady progress through games played until they near their team’s matchmaking rating.